I’m not one for good resolutions, as you know, but I’m definitely one for resolutions and I usually keep up with them. So here’s my list of the 5 things I’ll do in 2016, hopefully and if the Force stays strong with me. Order is really not important. Be a little less lazy about Dynamo and […]
I’m not one for good resolutions, as you know, but I’m definitely one for resolutions and I usually keep up with them. So here’s my list of the 5 things I’ll do in 2016, hopefully and if the Force stays strong with me. Order is really not important.
- Be a little less lazy about Dynamo and apply it more to my everyday work. Don’t get me wrong: I like the tool a lot and I’m grateful for the opportunity not to mess around with C#, but I’m usually super-fast by myself and I’m tempted to work manually most of the times. I shouldn’t. It’s not about what I can get done personally: it’s about the bigger picture and general workflow. I get that.
- Travel more, with my clients’ blessing, and possibly tell you more about it. I have a marvellous project in Paris to follow and I can’t wait to tell you how I’m using Revit there, plus I’m finishing right now some calculations on something very nice in London and I hope I’ll be able to talk about it too. I really miss construction sites and I have to do something about it.
- Work and love balance has been a little off, lately, so I’ll go back being more attentive. I’m the one for romantic gestures and I feel I haven’t being gesturing enough, so I will do my best in doing what I do best. I might want to go back being Ulysses but I’ll come back after my travels. Always. And it won’t take me ten years.
- Go back looking like my Linkedin profile picture, or change my Linkedin profile picture. People are starting not to recognize me anymore and that should be the point of your profile picture in the first place. Plus, I’m starting to look like Margherita Hack, without the brains for it, so I think I’ll pay a visit to my hairdresser. It’s been eight years, we have a lot to talk about.
The fifth one I’m afraid can’t be said out loud, so don’t ask.
Also, there are things I did this year and I’m proud of. Other things I’m not so proud of and lots of things I forgot about. Now, as they say, I can’t promise to remember the things I forgot, since I forgot them, and I won’t speak about the things I’m not proud of, ’cause honestly I can’t remember them either. Still, there are things I did right and I’d like to keep doing them. They aren’t exactly resolutions, but it’s always good to put them down (should all acquaintance be forgot etc).
- Keep on writing.
I’m very proud that I went back writing here: next January it will be 10 years I have this blog, with a gap in 2011, and I’m also very happy about the kind of reception my writings are having on Linkedin so yeah, I’ll keep doing that and hopefully I’ll still have time to write about non-BIM things, ’cause it’s good for the soul.
- Keep up with the social life.
I haven’t been very sociable in the last few years, for a whole bunch of reasons, but I’m changing that and by God it does feel good. So yeah, I’ll keep taking care of my old friends, I’ll start taking care of the new ones I made and I’ll be open to new ones: I love you guys, even if sometimes it’s hard to read under my bark.
- Keep up the good work.
I’m very happy with the work I’m doing here and I hope I’ll be able to keep doing it in the years to come. People there are amazing, I’m crazy about them and I wouldn’t work anywhere else right now. Plus, I’m really excited about this, and this is going well. Things are looking good and I hope they’ll keep being this pretty.
- Keep up appearances.
Always important, always to remember.
Again, fifth one is censored: don’t ask. Just know that I know that you know.
Also, there are few things I’d like to do but they are a little bit of a long shot so I’ll put them here. I won’t probably do any of these, but a girl can dream, right?
- House is getting tight (and I mean it) and the bathroom cladding is falling apart (and I really mean it), so I’d like to buy another piece of ground floor and knock down a few walls, if I can get enough money and grasp at the right opportunity;
- I’ve really neglected theatre and opera, lately, and there are few good things I’d like to see, including this: we’ll see if I can find time and tickets;
- It might be the right time to get that tattoo.
So, that’s it. My resolutions for 2016.
And to my friends who aren’t really feeling so good, right now: we’ll build a good 2016, together, I promise.
Yeah, I’m talking to you.